Metro’s Fiscal Year 2022 Budget: Tell Us What Matters to You
The docket contains the Notice of Public Hearing and the proposed FY22 rail, bus and parking change documents.
Proposed FY22 changes
|Ti?ng Vi?t |
Metro’s financial future
Metro is facing a significant budget shortfall due to a decrease in ridership caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. A second relief package from Congress in December 2020 allowed Metro to avoid layoffs, continue providing essential travel service and prepare for transit ridership to return. However, even with the additional funding there is not enough money to fill the entire budget gap for the fiscal year that begins July 1, 2021.?
Metro is working with our Congressional delegation to secure additional funding to continue providing service as the region comes back to work. But service cuts remain a looming threat, and Metro must plan accordingly.
Metro’s budget for Fiscal Year 2022 (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022) is under consideration now, and Metro is requesting your feedback. Metro’s Board of Directors and management will consider your feedback when making difficult decisions this spring.
?Tell us what matters to you
- 2021 proposed service plan
- 2022 proposed service plan
- Proposed parking fee reductions
- Metro's Capital Budget
Click on the links above to learn more details about each of these proposals.
- Restore full or partial service to 10 additional lines to add more access across the region
- Add late night service until 2 a.m. on 34 lines
- Expand coverage to support commuter and school-based travel?
Effective Jan. 1, 2022 if additional funding is not secured
The 2022 proposed service plan considers service cuts and workforce reductions if additional funding is not secured.?
College Park-U of Md
East Falls Church
Federal Center SW
Mt Vernon Sq
Reston Town Center?
Van Dorn St
- trains would operate every 15 minutes between Grosvenor-Strathmore and Silver Spring
- At all stations with service from more than one line, trains would arrive every 10-15 minutes
- Every other train would operate between Grosvenor-Strathmore?? and Silver Spring
- All trains would operate between Huntington and Mt Vernon Sq?? only
|Station||Current Fee||Proposed Fee|
|College Park-U of Md||$5.20||$4.95|
|Largo Town Center||$5.20||$4.95|
|Prince George’s Plaza||$4.70||$4.45|